Zoom has a built-in live transcription option that is available for licensed AC Zoom accounts holders for hosting meetings. This feature is turned on by default for all users, but must be enabled by the host or co-host at the start of any session in which it is desired (the setting does not carry over from previous Zoom sessions).
Here’s how you enable and use the live transcriptions:
Starting the Live Automatic Transcriptions for a Meeting
Note: Only the host can turn auto transcriptions on or off.
1. Once you start a meeting, click the "Live Transcript" button from the Zoom control bar.
2. At the bottom of the menu that appears, click "Enable" to start the Auto-Transcription.
3. Once enabled, a set of options will be available for host and attendees by clicking the small arrow next to the Live Transcript button.
These options allow attendees to view and adjust the transcriptions. These settings are:
- Show Subtitle - The transcript will appear as video subtitles at the bottom of the video frame.
- View Full Transcript - The transcript will appear in a side-panel Transcript window, and the full transcript to that point may be saved by clicking Save Transcript. Host and attendees can also search the transcript by entering text into the Search transcript field at the top of the window.
- Subtitle Settings - Participants can change the appearance of the subtitles.
The option to let participants save the transcript can be disabled in your Zoom settings. Look for the "Save Captions" toggle in the In Meeting (Advanced) section.