How faculty, staff, and emeriti can update the contact information that the College uses in the event of an emergency.
The College recognizes three types of emergencies:
- Campus-wide (e.g.,an active shooter on campus)
- Localized (e.g., the building where your office is located has been flooded)
- Personal (e.g., you broke your leg)
For the first two instances, the College needs information about how to contact you; for the third, it needs information about who to contact about you.
- To set or update your emergency contact information, log into ACDATA at https://acdata.amherst.edu.
- From the main screen, click on the grey bar labelled Employees. You'll see the Employees menu.
- From the menu, click the Emergency Contact Information link.
- Like Gaul, the Emergency Contact Information window is divided into three parts:
- The Mass Notification System section lets you enter a cell number, a home number, and a non-Amherst email address. In addition to your Amherst phone and Amherst email, these will be used to contact you in the event of a campus-wide emergency. By checking the box, you can also elect to have the Mass Notification System send text messages to the cell number you list. Enter US phone numbers only, and in the form xxx-xxx-xxxx.
- The College Emergency section, used in more localized emergencies, provides the same communications options as does the Mass Notification System. If you want to use the same contact information for both types of emergencies, you don't have to reenter it. Simply check the box that reads "Same as the Mass Notification System information listed above." When you click SUBMIT, the Mass Notification System information will automatically be copied to the College Emergency system.
The College Emergency section lets you enter two more phone numbers. Note that these phone numbers are not copied to the Mass Notification System.
- The Personal Emergency section lets you enter contact information for up to two people who you want notified if something happens to you. The Name, Relationship and both phone type fields are free form, so for example it doesn't matter whether you use "spouse," "partner," "husband," "BFF," "child," "daughter," or some other term to describe your relationship to the contact person.
Note that for College and personal emergencies, you can enter foreign phone numbers as well as domestic ones.
Also note that you don't have to fill out every box on the Emergency Contact Information window. It is a good idea, however, to have at least one entry in each section.
Your information is saved when you click the SUBMIT button. You can change your information at any time, though it may be up to 24 hours before the changes you make to get into the Mass Notification System.