If your department, laboratory, student or College organization email account is an IT Support Services managed account, once you are given permission for the account, access it by using your web browser. See our instructions below.
If you are not sure what kind of email account you have, contact the IT Help Desk and we will let you know.
Users on mobile devices are unable to access delegated accounts.
- To get access to the account email AskIT@amherst.edu with the account name such as "email@example.com", state that it is an IT Support Services managed group, and provide the Amherst email addresses of those who need permissions. People granted permissions will be able to read, manage and respond to email for the account.
- Once you hear back from the Help Desk that you have permissions for the account, login to the account from Gmail. To do this you will enter the shared account's address the use your normal credentials when redirected to Shibboleth.
- Once Gmail loads you should be in your regular mailbox, click the accounts button in the top righthand corner of the screen.
- In the dropdown list, you will see all Gmail accounts you have access to with the department, laboratory, student or College organization email account marked as Delegated in parentheses.
- Selected the delegated account, this will open the account in a new tab.