How to set up your iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) to access your Amherst email account.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap to select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- On the Mail, Contacts, Calendar screen, tap to select Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, tap to select Microsoft Exchange.
- On the Exchange screen, you must fill in the information as follows:
- Email: your @amherst.edu or @fivecolleges.edu email address
- Domain: amherst.edu
- Username: your Amherst username
- Password: your Amherst password
- Click Next in the upper right corner of the screen. Your device will then verify the settings.
- When verification is successful, the Exchange screen should now display your information with the Server name and Descriptionalready filled in as follows:
- Server: ex10-mobile.amherst.edu
- Description: Exchange
- Click Next in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Last, back on the Exchange Account screen, synchronization for Mail, Contacts, and Calendars will now be set to On by default. Mail sychronization must be On to access your Amherst email. Contacts should also be set to On to access the Amherst address book and look up addresses and saved contacts. Leave Calendar On if you use an Amherst calendar.
- Click Save to complete the process and complete adding the account.
- Back on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen you will now see Exchange listed as one of your accounts.
Amherst email, contacts and calendars should NOT be backed up to iCloud or any cloud services. This information is already backed up at Amherst and it is a security/privacy risk to back up to cloud services. Any questions about this, please contact the IT Help Desk.