How to setup Mac Mail to access your Amherst email.
- Launch Mail from your Applications folder or the Dock.
- If you are using Mail for the first time, enter your full name, Amherst email address, and Amherst password as prompted. If asked to select the account type, select Exchange 2007 or Exchange as available.
If you have been using Mail and want to add your Amherst account, in the Mail menu go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts. Click the + in the lower-left corner of the screen to add an account. Enter your full name, Amherst email address, and Amherst password as prompted. If asked to select the account type, select Exchange 2007 or Exchange as available.
- Click Continue.
- The Account Summary window opens showing your Amherst information.
For Mac OSX 6.x (Snow Leopard), 7.x (Lion), or 8.x (Mountain Lion) the account information fills in automatically. It may say the account type is Exchange 2007 or Exchange, either is OK.
If prompted to do so, for incoming server: enter ex10-ews.amherst.edu.
- Address Book and iCal are enabled by default. Leave the Address Book option selected so that you can access the Amherst global address book and if you wish to create/use your own group lists so that they will be available to you through the Amherst email server. Leave the iCal setting selected if you want to be able to use College calendars.
- Click Create.
- If your Inbox and messages do not appear, in the Mail menu, go to Window > Message Viewer.
Communication & Collaboration