The College's email service is Gmail and is provided as part of Google Workspace. Gmail provides email, calendar, contacts, etc. Your messages and other data remain in the Gmail system until you explicitly delete them.
Gmail is accessible via any web browser (Chrome is preferred) and via apps on iOS and Android devices.
Access Amherst Email Online
- Go to gmail.com
- Enter your Amherst email address. Click Next
- If asked if this is a business, enterprise, or institutional account, click Agree
- Enter your Amherst username and password
- Complete Duo authentication if prompted
- The first time you log in, you may be provided with a brief overview of the Gmail interface
Switching Between User Accounts
If you are already logged in with a personal Gmail account or wish to switch between other Gmail accounts, click your account icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select the inbox you wish to switch to.
You can also select Add another account to sign into other Google accounts to allow for easy switching