Dropbox provides a self-service model for cloud storage that makes file sharing and collaboration effortless: it allows you to store and synchronize your digital assets across multiple devices, share folders or files in their native format, send file requests, and collaborate with others within and outside of Amherst College.
The following are links to detailed information from the Dropbox website:
- Join Dropbox from Amherst College - note: you must have received an invitation to join. Please contact us at AskIT@amherst.edu to join Dropbox from Amherst College.
- Connect your personal account
- Selective sync: save your hard drive space
- Backup and Recovery: Restore Deleted Files and File Versioning
- Share Folders
- Share Links to Files
- Request Files from Anyone
- Create and Manage Groups
- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint: Collaborate with the Dropbox Badge
- How to recognize authentic messages from Dropbox: Don't Fall Vistim to Phishing Attempts