How to register your computer to use the Amherst wired or wireless network.
- After connecting to the network using wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi), open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Your browser should redirect automatically to the Network Registration page. If it does not, navigate directly to the web address netreg.amherst.edu.
- Follow the directions on the Network Registration page.
- Clear your browser cache and close the web browser.
- If you registered a wired Ethernet connection, restart your computer to complete the process. Once you restart the computer you should find you have Internet access. If you registered a wireless or Wi-Fi connection, you do not need to restart, open a web browser and you should find you have Internet access.
- Any difficulties with Network Registration, please call or email the Help Desk.
Note: The network registration process must be completed for each type of network connection for each device. Plug the device in with an Ethernet cable to register the wired connection then unplug the cable and using wireless or Wi-Fi register the wireless connection.