How to connect to the eduroam wireless network access service with Windows, Mac, or iOS devices.
- All users are required to log in to eduroam.
- Amherst users: Log in to eduroam with your Amherst username and password while on the Amherst campus before attempting to use it elsewhere. At another participating institution, simply connect to the eduroam network.
To use eduroam, from your list of available wireless networks, select eduroam and, when prompted, enter your Amherst username, with "@amherst.edu" appended. For most people, this is synonmous with your Amherst email address, but not for all:
- If you have an email alias, be sure to use your login username with "@amherst.edu" appended; not your email address.
- If you have an Amherst account but use a different domain for email (e.g. a Five College Inc. employee), you must append "@amherst.edu" to your username, not "@fivecolleges.edu."
- Visitors to Amherst from other participating institutions: Select eduroam from the available networks and log in with your home institution email address and password.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click the network icon in your system tray and select eduroam.
- In the Windows Security box enter your Amherst username and password. Be sure to add @amherst.edu at the end of your username.
- Click OK.
Fox Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8:
- Select eduroam from the Airport menu bar item.
- When prompted enter your Amherst username and password. Be sure to add @amherst.edu at the end of your user name.
- Click Join.
For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:
- From the iOS home screen, select Settings > Wi-Fi > eduroam.
- When prompted enter your Amherst username and password. Be sure to add @amherst.edu at the end of your username.
Network & Wi-Fi
Five College Students