Create a PDF File with InDesign and Large-Format Print
- With your InDesign file open, from the menu choose File > Adobe PDF Presets > [Press Quality].
- Specify a name and location for the PDF file to save and click Save.
- On the next window select the checkbox to View PDF after Exporting then click Export.
- The PDF copy of your file opens. From the menu choose File > Print.
- From the Printer drop-down list choose the large-format printer.
- Click Properties then the Paper/Quality tab.
- Select a paper size from the drop-down list or click Custom. Click OK.
- In the Page Sizing & Handling section for Size make sure Actual size is selected. Make sure to deselect Print on both sides paper if it is checked.
- Check the print preview in the right corner of the print window. Make sure it shows only 1 page Page 1 of 1. Also make sure that the thick black print borders fall outside the document borders. If the document shows as overspilling the black print borders, your document will get cut off.