- CrashPlan can only be installed on a college owned computer.
- You must be connected to the Amherst network.
- Create a folder named "DoNotBackup" in your documents folder. Any items placed in this folder will be excluded from the backup.
Installation instructions for Mac computers:
1. Double click on the Self Service icon in your applications folder.* If you do not have Self Service or if you can't connect, contact the help Desk (X2526).
2. Sign in with your Amherst username and password.
3. Select Backup on the bottom right and then click the CrashPlan PROe Install button.
4. Click Install again
5. CrashPlan PROe will install and upgrade to version 3.6.4.
*CrashPlan PROe requires Java SE 6 runtime.
If needed you will be prompted to install it. You may need to open CrahPlan PROe form the applications folder after installing Java.
6. When the installation of CrashPlan PROe is complete you will be prompted to enter your Amherst credentails.
Your username should already be populated. Click Create Account.
* If CrashPlan PROe does not start automatically, go to the applications folder and double click on the CrashPlan PROe application.
7. Click Start Backup and CrashPlan PROe will start backing up your files..
8. The CrahPlan PROe home screen displays the progress of your backup. The initial backup may take a few hours to several days. Subsequent backups are incremental and occur much faster.