How to install ESET antivirus software on your personally-owned Windows computer to ensure protection from viruses and malware.
- Uninstall any existing antivirus software on your computer. This is absolutely necessary. Do not try to run two different types of antivirus software at once. This will cause significant problems in your computer's operations and/or stop your computer from working.
- Fill out the ESET for Windows Download Form and click Submit.
- Once you complete and submit the form, you will receive an email to your Amherst email account. The email provides an ESET user name and password
- Go to the ESET website at www.eset.com/us/
- From the website menu at the top of the screen, select Download.
By default, it will go to the tab for For Home options. Click the second tab to switch to the For Business options.
- On the For Business tab, find ESET Endpoint Antivirus (first item in the list) and click the blue button in that section for I Have a License
- The screen that comes up will be for Version 6. Be sure to click here as shown below next to the red arrow. This will install Version 5 which is the one you want.
- Select your type of Windows operating system from one of the 2 options. You will need to know if your version of Windows is 32 bit or 64 bit. To find out what version of Windows you have, for Windows 7 or earlier, click the Windows Start Button in the lower left corner of the computer screen. Right click on either Computer or My Computer, as applicable, and then select Properties. Look for your Windows Edition (XP, Vista or 7) and System Type (32 bit or 64 bit).
Note: ESET Endpoint Antivirus edition 5.x is compatible with Windows 8 computers as well as older Windows operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows XP.
- Select English as the language and click Download.
10. The file will go into the downloads folder. Open the file and click Run.
11. When prompted, enter the ESET user name and password from the email message referenced above.
12. ESET provides troubleshooting information if there is a problem with the Windows 8 installation
Windows 8 - Troubleshoot Installation