How to install ESET antivirus software on your personally-owned Windows computer to ensure protection from viruses and malware.
- Uninstall any existing antivirus software on your computer. This is absolutely necessary. Do not try to run two different types of antivirus software at once. This will cause significant problems in your computer's operations and/or stop your computer from working.
- Fill out the ESET for Windows Download Form and click Submit.
- Once you complete and submit the form, you will receive an email to your Amherst email account. The email provides an ESET License Key.
- Go to the ESET website For Business download page for ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6 at:
- Select your type of Windows operating system from one of the 2 options 32-bit or 64-bit.
To find out what version of Windows you have, for Windows 7 or earlier, click the Windows Start Button in the lower left corner of the computer screen. Right click on either Computer or My Computer, as applicable, and then select Properties. Look for your Windows Edition (XP, Vista,7,8 or 10) and System Type (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Select your operating system. Use the Installer with or without AV uninstaller depending if you have AV software already on your computer. Select the language. Click Download.
10. The file will go into the downloads folder. Open the file and click Run. Follow the prompts.
11. When prompted, enter the ESET License Key.
12. ESET provides troubleshooting information if there is a problem with the Windows 8 installation
Windows 8 - Troubleshoot Installation