Ableton Live macOS Installation
Note: You must be on campus or connected to the Amherst VPN to install and run Ableton. You will also need to have your Amherst credentials configured if you’re a 5 College student. VPN setup instructions can be found here: https://www.amherst.edu/offices/it/services/network/vpn
Ableton Live is licensed via the Amherst College KeyServer which requires our KeyClient agent to be installed first.
- Go to your Amherst Google Drive folder on your computer or navigate to http://drive.google.com and sign in with your Amherst credentials. You should see a new Shared Drive called “Amherst Software” open this drive, and select the “KeyClient” folder.
- Choose “macOS” and run the installer called “ksp-client-79-latest.pkg” when prompted enter “keyserver.amherst.edu” as the server address.
- Once the installer finishes, navigate to System Settings -> KeyAccess and click “Logon” and verify that the client is able to establish a connection to the Key Server.
Ableton Live Install
- Find the Ableton Live directory in the Amherst Software drive.
- Open the macOS folder, double click ableton_live_suite_11.2.7_universal.dmg and follow the prompts.
- Once installed, open Ableton and select Authorize Later.
- Close Ableton.
- Open your user library folder by holding down the alt/option key on your keyboard and clicking the Go menu on the Finder bar at the top of your screen. Select the Library folder from the Go menu.
- Copy the file options.txt from the Ableton Live -> macOS folder on Google Drive to the following location in the Library window you just opened: /Preferences/Ableton/Live 11.2.7/
- Open Ableton and confirm that you no longer get the message to about authorization.
Five College Students