For a listing of the software the College makes available to members of the Amherst community, see the table of Available Software.
- To install software from the Winsoft or Macsoft software network shares or the Mac Self Service software delivery system, you must be on-campus; a VPN connection will not work.
- To have software installed for you by IT via the Windows Kbox software delivery system, you also must be on-campus; a VPN connection will not work.
- To install and use any KeyServed program, you must install the Amherst KeyServer client software KeyClient. College-owned and imaged computers are provided with this software already installed.
- The KeyClient installer KeyClient 7 Install is available for download from Winsoft (Windows computers) and Macsoft (Mac computers). To install KeyClient 7 from Winsoft or Macsoft you must be on-campus. To use KeyServed software, when off-campus you must use Amherst VPN.
- In the Start Menu, select My Computer (in Windows XP) or Computer (in Windows Vista and Windows 7).
- If you have a College-owned computer or for a personal computer if you have run the Map Network Drives Script, you should see the Winsoft network share mapped to the K: drive. Open the K: drive. If you don't see your K: drive you will have to run the network drives script from the link above.
If any of the software you want to install is KeyServed (see our list of KeyServed software), you will need to install KeyAccess first.
- Find KeyAccess in the list of programs on K:, double-click on it, and follow the directions that appear.
- You only need to install KeyAccess once on your computer.
Double-click on the program you want to install. Read and follow any directions that appear on your screen.
- From the Finder menu, select Go then Connect To Server.
- In the Server Address box enter software and click Connect.
- Next, a login window will appear. Type your Amherst username in the Name: field and your password in the Password: field and click Connect.
- Select the volume Macsoft and click OK
- A list of folders will appear. Locate and double-click on the folder you're looking for.
- If any of the software you want to install is KeyServed (see our list of KeyServed software), you will need to install KeyAccess first. You only need to install KeyAccess once on your computer and then it will apply to run all KeyServed applications.
- Find KeyAccess in the list of programs and double-click on it.
- Follow the directions as provided to install it.
- Click to select the software you want to install. Read and follow any directions that appear on your screen.
- Go to https://olympus.amherst.edu:8443/enroll.
- Enter Amherst user name and password.
- Click Download Package.
- From the Downloads folder in the Dock select QuickAdd.pkg.
- Click Continue to start the installation, it will take about 5 minutes to complete.
- When the installation completes, click Close.
- The Self Service log in screen will launch. If you want to install software, log in with your Amherst user name and password.
- From the Finder menu, select Applications then Self Service.
- Log in with your Amherst user name and password.
- Select a category from the list on the left side of the screen then select the software installation you want.
- A Mac install package will download to your computer. From the Downloads folder in the Dock select the install package.
- Proceed through the installation steps as directed.
- Some software installations will require restarting your computer to complete the installation process.