After you've changed your password, do the following:
- Save all your work and close open programs.
- Click the Start Menu button and select Control Panel.
- In the Search Control Panel box (found upper right corner of Control Panel screen), type Credential Manager.
- The Credential Manager screen opens. If you have any saved credentials, check to see if they are for Amherst applications. You must update any Amherst saved credentials with your new password. Otherwise, when you log on to your computer with your new password, the credentials will try to log in using the old password and your account will lock up. If you don't want to have saved credentials you can delete them.
- Restart your computer.
- Log in again, this time with your new Amherst password.