New Voicemail System
This page contains details about the College's new voicemail system that integrates employee voicemail and email.
If you need to access messages on the old voicemail system
- Dial 6285, press #. When prompted, enter your old mailbox number and old password.
If you are responsible for call processing or menu mailboxes in your department
- Call processing mailboxes, also called menu mailboxes, were replicated as closely as possible to what existed on the old system. Digital recordings of mailbox greetings and announcements were made and imported to the new system.
- Staff may be in touch with you to review and test. In many cases, the content is stale or irrelevant and should updated or removed altogether.
- RESOLVED 8/15/13! Transferring an external caller to someone's voice mailbox (as opposed to transferring an external caller to someone's extension and having the caller potentially wait 30 seconds to be transferred to the voice mailbox). With the old system, you would press the check button (bottom middle button on your phone), then dial 6397, enter the destination mailbox number, and hang up. As of 8/1/13 at 1:30PM this feature is not working, but we are working to address it.
- "Extension XXXX has not been activated. At the tone, please record your message." This is what callers hear when they reach a mailbox that has not been set up. As of 8/16/13, 66% of all subscriber mailboxes have been activated ... only 304 left to go.