Zoom is great for communication and collaboration around the world. The Zoom platform offers high-quality video with an easy-to-use interface.
If you download the Zoom client software to your computer or mobile device and try to create a new Zoom session, you may be asked to provide your domain information. The domain is amherstcollege (written in lower case letters and as all one word with no spaces) for all college users.
Zoom is integrated into and works well with many college tools including Moodle and Google calendar. Also, it has well developed accessibility features that work well with assistive technology.
Contact AskIT for assistance.
Important note: Avoid Zoombombing
Keep unwanted guests out of your meetings with these quick profile settings changes:
1. Disable "Join before host"
2. Set screensharing to "Host only":
3. Disable "Allow removed participants to rejoin"
4. Enable the "waiting room" for vetting known users
5. As a final precaution you may want to allow only authenticated users to enter your meetings. However, you would need to make sure all participants have logged into Zoom first.