Below we provide some useful links for using your Apple iOS devices (e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) on campus and with Amherst College network resources.
- To purchase an iPad with College funds contact the IT Help Desk (helpdesk @ amherst.edu, x2526).
- If you need to choose an iPad model:
Use our guide to decide between WiFi-only or Cellular Data Service iPad models
- If you need to activate your device:
Use our iOS Device Set Up instructions.
We have some tips for using iOS devices:
iOS Devices How to Access Network Resources
Once your device is activated, use the links below to see how to access network resorces.
- Access your Amherst email, contacts, and calendar
- Use the Amherst wireless network (a.k.a. WiFi)
- Access your U: drive (note: not available to some users due to firewall/security reasons)
- Use VPN to access secure Amherst network resources
- Access restricted Library databases from off-campus (not available to some users)
- Access your Amherst computer using Remote Desktop
- Wireless projection for iOS devices using Apple TV (available in some classrooms)