IT does not perform hardware repair on student comptuers. However, the Help Desk does provide diagnostic services and software support for students' computers.
Features and Benefits
Features and Benefits:
Services provided for student computers include:
- Get connected to the Amherst wired and/or wireless networks
- Access your Amherst email and network resources
- Install Amherst-provided software as applicable
- Help with software problems, up to and including operating system reinstalls
- Back up your important data before you send your computer out for repair
- Diagnose hardware issues and provide recommendations for repair
- Diagnose malware or virus infections, assist as possible or provide recommendations for repair or reimage
Contact the Help Desk for assistance with your computer by phone at 413-542-2526, walk in at Seeley Mudd first floor or Frost Library A Level, email askit @amherst.edu or fill out on an online help request at https://askit.amherst.edu/ (note you must be logged into the Amherst website to fill out the online help request).
Check our Hardware Repair page if you need a local repair service.