IT does not perform hardware repair on student comptuers. However, the Help Desk does provide diagnostic services and software support for students' computers.
Features and Benefits
Services provided for student computers include:
- Get connected to the Amherst wired and/or wireless networks
- Access your Amherst email and network resources
- Install Amherst-provided software as applicable
- Help with software problems, up to and including operating system reinstalls
- Back up your important data before you send your computer out for repair
- Diagnose hardware issues and provide recommendations for repair
- Diagnose malware or virus infections, assist as possible or provide recommendations for repair or reimage
Contact the Help Desk for assistance with your computer by phone at 413-542-2526, walk in at Seeley Mudd first floor or Frost Library A Level, email askit @amherst.edu or fill out on an online help request at https://askit.amherst.edu/ (note you must be logged into the Amherst website to fill out the online help request).
Check our Hardware Repair page if you need a local repair service.