IT will not fix operating system or computer hardware problems on personally-owned computers. If your computer is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer for support. If it isn't under warranty, we recommend the hardware repair service at UMass:
Hardware and Operating System Repair at UMass
- Phone: (413) 545-2036
- Web address: http://www.oit.umass.edu/hardware/repair.html
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- A College ID is required to initiate computer repair. Please bring it with you.
- Rate is $65 per hour.
- There is a minimum 3-business day turnaround for all computer repairs.
- You may pay by cash or check at the time of computer pickup.
Location and Directions
- The hardware repair department is located in the Lederle Graduate Research building (GRC) at UMass.
- Bus: PVTA route 31 stops at the Amherst Common and at the GRC. You can also take any bus to UMass and then board a campus shuttle to the GRC stop.
- Driving: From the center of Amherst, take North Pleasant Street north. Turn left at the light by Bertucci's, then right at the corner with the UMass sign. Pass the Fine Arts Center on the left and drive to the set of lights on the corner of North Pleasant Street and Governors Drive.
- Parking: Metered parking is available across the street in front of Totman Gym, and temporary parking is located on the rear side of the Graduate building. Please be advised that parking behind the building is very temporary, and cars will be towed at the owner's expense when left unattended for more than 15 minutes.
Hardware Repair at Left Click
- Phone: 413-256-5440
- Website: http://www.left-click.us/
Sunday Closed Mon - Thurs 10 am - 6 pm Friday 10 am - 8 pm Saturday 10 pm - 6 pm
Location & Directions
- Located at 15 Cowles Lane , Amherst, MA.
- Right behind Bruegger's, off of North Pleasant St.