Amherst IT provides high-speed color and B&W printers in the following public spaces.
- Frost Library A-Level (B&W/Color)
- Keefe Campus Center (B&W)
- Science Library (B&W/Color)
- Morgan Music Library (Color)
- Valentine Dining Hall (B&W)
- Seeley Mudd Building 1st Floor (B&W/Color)
There are two ways to use these public printers:
From any public lab computer send your document to either the Xerox B&W or Color print queue. Tapping your ID on a printer's card reader will bring up a list of jobs available for release from that printer. This is the preferred method for printing multiple copies of a document, custom size documents, or single-sided prints.
From any Internet-connected device (desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) email your document as an attachment from your Amherst email address to email@example.com for black & white prints, or firstname.lastname@example.org for color prints. Note that this service only works from your Amherst email address. Print your document when ready by releasing it at the public printer of your choice.
Beginning September 1, 2022, students will NOT be charged for printing in the locations listed above as part of a pilot program. The pilot program runs throughout the 2022/2023 academic year. Throughout the pilot program, please consider the environmental impact of printing - if free printing leads to too much printing, we won't be able to have free printing. The college will be in touch with high-volume printers to understand their printing needs better during the pilot year.
Note: printing/copying through the Campus Print & Mail Center is excluded from this pilot program.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff should check with their departments about any charges before issuing print commands.
- Costs (per sheet):
- Double-sided printing is the default.
- $0.05 for single- or double-sided black & white
- $0.35 color
- $0.70 double-sided color
- Tabloid (11x17")
- $0.10 single- or double-sided black & white
- $0.70 color
- $1.40 double-sided color