IT is required to enforce licensing limits for some software. We do this by using network license servers, KeyServer, software management tools, and/or hardware keys. You must use a VPN connection to the Amherst network if you want to run some licensed software while off-campus. Some software will be limited to use on college owned computers and will not be available for personally owned computers.
Methods to install software include the following:
Amherst Software Collection
- Student and Amherst Community Software Google Shared Drive
- Faculty/staff only Software Google Shared Drive
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Faculty, staff and enrolled Amherst College students have access to a suite of Adobe tools through Adobe Creative Cloud. Use this guide to get started!
Self-enroll Using the IT Website
- Self-enroll using the IT website for Office 365 (free for up to 5 devices) and Kurzweil (free)
Self-service Download for College Owned Windows Computers
- For some software for college owned Windows computers go to Google Drive.
Software Purchased by Individual Departments
- Software purchased by individual departments may be limited to use in certain facilities.