The Amherst College IT Department makes many software programs available to the campus community, for use while at Amherst and for use with College-owned computers. Please see the table of Available Software.
We have several methods of making software available to the College Community:
- Some software is available as self-service and can be downloaded and installed from the Software network drives Winsoft (for Windows computers) or Macsoft (for Macintosh computers).
- Some software is also OR only available on CDs.
- Some software we provide a link for you to download it from the Internet.
- Some software we send to you over the network using our Kace (Windows) or Casper (Macintosh) installer tools.
- Some software you receive only via a request to Academic Technology.
Contact the IT Help Desk with general questions about software or to request installation.
Contact Academic Technology Services for software that requires a consultation appointment.
Learn more with the Knowledge Base article How to Install College Software