Pro Plus for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus is available free of charge for the personally-owned computers and tablets of Amherst students, faculty, and staff. Office 365 Pro Plus lets you install Microsoft Office on up to 5 different PCs, Macs, or mobile devices.
How to Sign Up and download Office 365 Pro Plus
If you have an earlier version of Microsoft Office on your computer, you should uninstall that before continuing these steps.
- Visit the Microsoft signup page.
- On the signup page, click Find out if you’re eligible.
- Enter your Amherst Email Address and click Sign up
- Check your Amherst email for the confirmation message from Microsoft. People often miss this step, so we'll say it again: Check your Amherst email for the confimation message from Microsoft.
- In the confirmation email from Microsoft, click the Complete Office 365 Education signup link.
- The confirmation link will return you to the Office 365 site. You will be prompted to enter your name and to create a password for the Office 365 Education service. Note that this password should not be the same as your Amherst College password.
- Sign in with your Amherst email address and the password you just created.
- You will see a list of the applications in Microsoft Office. Click Install now to download and install the software on your computer or iPad.
- The first time you launch an Office application, you'll see a screen like this:
Choose Sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription and, when prompted, sign in using your Amherst email address and your Office 365 password.
Please note that to maintain your license, you must launch at least one Office application once a month while connected to the internet.
Your subscription will remain active as long as you are a current student or employee. Once you graduate or leave the college your free Office 365 subscription will end, You will, however, be given the opportunity to purchase a license directly from Microsoft.
For more information about your Office 365 ProPlus Click Here