Sometimes it is necessary to provide an Amherst ID card for non-employees for door access for vendors, gym access for special non-employees, and other reasons as needed.
To get an ID card for a non-employee, the sponsoring department must complete the IT Checklist for New Employees and Special Non-Employees form.
Complete the IT checklist for New Employees and Special Non-Employees form as follows:
1. Complete the non-employee's Name and Address sections.
2. In the Person Type section choose Non-employee and from the drop-down list choose the relevant description such as Vendor, or Other as applicable.
3. For Position Information enter the non-employee's job title such as Dining Services Temporary Agency Employee or other as applicable, the start date for the ID card use, and enter your department which will serve as the sponsoring department.
4. In the Email and Netowrk Access section, put an explanation of need. See below an example from Dining Services as used for their temporary workers in her department. Example explanation of need:
"Datatel account with an IDO status is needed to create an account in CSGold to provide the Temporary Agency worker with an ID for use in the Dining Services Time Clock. No other IT services are required. Please send ID card form to (name of person completing the form)."
5. Last you must click Submit.
Remember you must specify a name and campus mailbox where you want the non-employee's ID card sent.
See our Door Access service description for details about ID card access to buildings.