Departments may request an Amherst College ID Card for a non-employee when needed for door access for vendors for deliveries, temporary employees for door access and/or using a time clock, or for other reasons as needed.
- The sponsoring department must complete the IT Checklist for New Employees and Special Non-Employees form.
- When completing the form, you must include the name and campus mailbox of an Amherst employee to receive the non-employee's ID card.
Complete the IT Checklist for New Employees and Special Non-Employees form as follows:
1. Complete the Name and Address sections with the non-employee's information.
2. In the Person Type section select Non-employee and then from the drop-down list choose the relevant description or Other as applicable.
3. For Position Information enter the non-employee's title as applicable such as "Food Service Vendor Delivery Person" or "Lab Equipment Technician", etc., start date of when to enable the ID card, and what Amherst department is sponsoring or overseeing this person's access.
4. In the Email and Network Access section, put an explanation of need. See below an example of what Dining Services enters for their temporary workers and modify as necessary.
"Datatel/Colleague account with an IDO status is needed to create an account in CSGold to provide a Temporary Agency worker with an ID for use for the Dining Services Time Clock. No other IT services are required. Please send ID card form to (name of person completing the form)."
5. Click Submit to complete the form.
Complete the IT checklist for new employees
1. Complete Name and Address sections
2. In the Person Type section choose Non-employee and from the drop-down list choose the relevant description, or Other
3. For Position Information complete the title, start date, and department fields. Other fields are optional.
4. In the Email and Netowrk Access section, put an explanation of need. Here is a sample of what Liz Lucas uses for temp workers in her department. Modify this as necessary to describe the situation
Datatel account with an IDO status is needed to create an account in CSGold to provide the Temporary Agency worker with an ID for use in the Dining Services Time Clock
No other IT services are required.
Please send ID card form to (person completing the form).
5. Click the Submit button.
The Door Access service description provides detailed informatin about using ID cards for door access to buildings.