The IT department makes available a number of high-speed, high-capacity printers in its public computer center spaces. These include black-and-white and color laser printers.
- Frost Library A-Level
- Keefe Campus Center
- Keefe Science Library
- Morgan Music Library
- Seeley Mudd Building Center for Creative Technology
There are two methods available to print to public printers:
From any public computer print your document. You’ll be prompted for your Amherst user name, as well as a job name. Retrieve your document from any public printer. This is the method to use if you need multiple copies of a document or need specific printer settings such as custom sizes or single-sided prints.
From any Internet-connected device (desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) email your document as an attachment from your Amherst email address to email@example.com for black & white prints, or firstname.lastname@example.org for color prints. Note that this service only works from your Amherst email address. Print your document when ready by releasing it at the public printer of your choice.
You need an Amherst user name and password or an Amherst ID to use public printers.
Five College students and campus guests must buy a copy card at the Reference Desk of the Robert Frost Library and use it to print to the Frost Library Public Printer on the main level of Frost Library. This is the only public printer accessible to people without an Amherst user name and password.
Public Printer Instructions
- Use Mobile Printing for Public Printers
- Use Direct Printing for Public Printers from Public Computer Centers
- Printing costs for students are charged to student accounts. Faculty and staff should check with their departments about any charges before issuing print commands.
- Costs (per sheet):
- Double-sided printing is the default.
- $0.05 for single- or double-sided black & white
- $0.35 color
- $0.70 double-sided color
- Tabloid (11x17")
- $0.10 single- or double-sided black & white
- $0.70 color
- $1.40 double-sided color
Printing receipts and refunds must be requested at the SMUDD IT Help Desk or Frost A Level Supervisor station during hours when the computer center is staffed.