Photo for Student ID and Directories
You are now able to log in to www.amherst.edu to create your own web page; upload text, photos and other content; meet classmates with similar interests; and browse a photo gallery of your class.
To populate the photo gallery, we need your photo! (This picture will also be used as your I.D. picture. Submitting your photo now means that you won’t have to stand in the I.D. photo line at Orientation.)
Please submit your photo online. To do so:
1. Go to www.amherst.edu.
2. Under the "Wrench" icon in the upper right hand corner, click on the “Log in” link. Enter your Amherst username and password. (Your Amherst username and password are the same username and password you used to monitor the documents in your application. Contact the IT Help Desk at (413) 542-2526 if you have questions about logging in.)
3. Click on the “My Amherst” link and proceed to "My Profile" link.
4. Click on the “Edit” link beneath the box with the silhouetted image.
5. Use the “Choose File” button in the “Photos” section of the screen to find a photo on your computer that you would like to upload. Select the photo. Please be sure the photo is a color portrait that is recognizably you and that it is of sufficient resolution. Your photo should be “portrait” orientation (taller than it is wide), at least 300 pixels wide (600 pixels is preferred) and saved as a JPG. If scanning, please set the resolution to 300 dpi and save as a JPG. Any digital camera will produce an acceptable image, but many cell phone cameras will not. Remember that this will be your official College I.D.; passport-type photos, or your high school senior picture, are best for I.D. purposes. And remember, we need a photo of your face—not you and your dog, or you and your bike, or …well, you know what we mean.
6. Click on the “Upload New Photo” button.
Questions? Please email the Office of Communications at email@example.com (put the phrase “Student I.D. Photo” in the subject line) or call the Office of Communications at (413) 542-2321.