- New Student OrientationNew Student Orientation
- Summer Orientation
- LEAP Programs
- FAQ for Parents and Families
- FAQ for Transfer Scholars
- Placement Information for New Students and Academic Advisors
- Spring Transfer Orientation
- New Student & Parent Guide
- Your First Year at Amherst College
- Your First Courses
- New International Student
Student ID/AC OneCard and AC Dollar$
Your Amherst College ID serves multiple purposes. You will use it at the dining hall, to enter your residence hall, to access athletic facilities and specialized classrooms, and to enable a prepaid cash account that can pay for some on-campus services. You will use your card to check out books at any of the Five College libraries, and it will also earn you discounts with some local merchants and movie theaters.
Photo Request from the Office of Public Affairs and Dining Services: The Public Affairs Office and Dining Services will request that you upload a photograph of yourself which will be used for your student I.D. card as well as in the print and electronic campus directories, often accessed by your faculty for class facebooks.
All Amherst students have an AC DOLLAR$ account. As long as the account has a positive balance, you can pay for purchases using your Amherst ID. All you need to do to start using your AC Dollar$ is make a deposit at one of our convenient locations.