Spring Housing Selection Information
Thursday, November 9th, 2023
As a student returning to campus from leave or study away, you are eligible to participate in the Housing Selection Process Spring 2024. Please read the following message in its entirety, as we address several key components of your return to campus.
The Spring Housing Selection Process will run between 1pm and 3pm on Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 on the Housing Portal. The only students who are eligible to participate in this process are students returning from leave or study away.
How it works:
- Your Selection Number is ****. This number was assigned to you last spring for this academic year, or was randomly assigned to you following your return from leave. We will share your specific selection time prior to December 1, 2023.
- On November 27, 2023 you will be able to pair with a roommate who is also returning from leave if you would like to select a double room. You may disband, and reform roommate pairs up until you select an assignment. See our website for more information on how to create roommate pairs. You can also opt to fill a current or anticipated vacancy in a double room by emailing email@example.com and cc’ing the remaining resident who will affirm your assignment.
- Given that students are participating from all around the world, if you will not have access to the Housing Portal, or will be sleeping, or be in class during the HSP, you may ask Housing & Operations to serve as your proxy. More information on requesting this service will be provided before December 1, 2023.
- If you are aware of a student currently on campus who will have a vacancy in their room following move-out and would like to occupy that vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc that roommate. Once you both confirm, we will assign you to that space. Once you both confirm, we will assign you to that space.
- The list of available rooms for selection will be released shortly before the selection process. Single- and double-occupancy rooms will be available. Some double rooms will have a pre-existing occupant, and others will be fully available.
- You will gain access to the room selection function in the housing portal at your Selection Time. If you miss your time slot, you will continue to be able to select until the end of the process. Students who miss the selection event entirely will be randomly assigned to an available room after the close of the process.
More detailed information about selecting a room and frequently asked questions can be found on the OSA Operations Housing Selection webpage.
If you are seeking housing accommodations, or want to confirm accommodations you already hold, please reach out to Accessibility Services at email@example.com. We will work with students who intend to use their registered accommodation to select a room that meets their accommodations through standard selection, or pre-placement, depending on individual accommodations.
Theme & Language Housing
Students who are on a waitlist for Theme or Language housing will be emailed soon regarding availability. Please note that vacancies in these communities are only filled by those returning from leave or study abroad between semesters. Students who accept a placement in Theme or Language Housing will not be eligible to participate in the December 5, 2023 Housing Selection Process.
Off Campus Housing
If you are intending to live off campus, respond to the off campus housing application by 9:00am on November 27, 2023. Late requests will also be accepted, however you may experience a delay in adjustments on your student bill.
Returning to Campus
Students returning from leave are welcome to return to campus beginning January 27, 2023. Detailed information about arrival will be distributed in mid-January. Returning students are not eligible for January Recess housing.
Housing & Operations Team