Interested in seeing what is happening on campus or planning to come back to campus? Below you will find many opportunities to help you stay connected with Amherst.
The Amherst campus is active year-round, hosting an array of special events and gatherings. Parents are welcome to attend all on-campus events that are open to the general public. Events of special interest to parents and families of current students include:
- New Students' Orientation (including the parent-to-parent panel)
- Family Weekend
Parent-to-Parent Panel at Orientation
The Office of Alumni and Parent Programs sponsors a parent-to-parent panel during Orientation. Join us for this opportunity to ask questions of current parents of Amherst students and hear some of their advice about being an Amherst parent.
Parent-Dean Conference Call: September 23, 2010
Every year, Alumni and Parent Programs hosts a conference call in the early Fall. This year Dean of Students Allan Hart ’82 and Dean of New Students Patricia O'Hara will make brief remarks and answer questions from parents and guardians of the Classes of 2013 and 2014 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. EDT. Last year 170 first-year and sophomore parents joined us. More information will be arriving in the mail.
- Listen to the Fall 2009 parent-dean conference call with Dean of New Students Allen Hart '82 and Dean of Students Ben Lieber.
Amherst Association Events
Parents are invited to attend Amherst Association Events held across the country throughout the year.
Amherst provides a number of publications and event listings to keep our community informed of important developments on and off campus:
- Keep up with current News and Events on the college Website, including audio and podcasts of lectures on campus.
- Check out Campus Buzz, a blog reporting on certain student events on campus.
- Subscribe to or view the Amherst Student online, the campus newspaper.
Many of Amherst's students choose to participate in athletics, whether at the varsity, club or intra-mural level.