Link to my bio
Link to my calendar
I work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students towards fostering and sustaining our collective sense of meaningful joy in teaching and learning. Toward that purpose, I support and provide a wide range of services, including:
- Individual consultations on course design and curricular planning, student engagement and classroom community, innovative and inclusive pedagogies, assessment and evaluation, or integrating technologies with teaching.
- Collaborative design sessions on new courses/curricula or significant redesign of existing courses/curricula, in collaboration with a team of staff from relevant groups such as Research & Instruction Librarians, Writing Center, Center for Community Engagement, Academic Technology Services, Accessibility Services, and others.
- Private coaching and feedback on specific aspects of teaching, such as addressing a particular concern or developing a novel idea, through insightful analysis and class visits on request. We also provide analysis and interpretation of course evaluations and can facilitate mid-semester feedback sessions.
- Workshops and classroom sessions to facilitate assignment-specific skills or topics for students.
- Seminars and colloquia to foster and promote conversations on broader pedagogical topics for departments or campus communities.
- Resources and research on specific areas of teaching and learning relevant to both current and emerging needs at Amherst College, such as: active learning, high-impact practices, inclusive pedagogies, design thinking, accessible learning, etc.
- Repository of existing best practices in teaching and learning at Amherst College, as contributed by current faculty for the purpose of sharing within and across departments.
I specialize in critical and inclusive pedagogy through active learning and fostering collaborative student work.
I am available for individual consultations with faculty as well as for semester-long engagements within courses. See below for a full list of services.