As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist, you will work directly with faculty, staff and students to solve computer problems.
- Work on the IT Help Desk in Seeley Mudd includes answering phone calls, checking email requests, and providing in-person help.
- Help Desk shifts cover College buisness hours as well as evenings and weekends. During buisness hours you may work in a team with a member of the Desktop Computing Services staff.
- Answer questions for people using public computers in Seeley Mudd.
- Maintain order in the Seeley Mudd public computing facility;
- check computers for disconnected monitors, mice, etc. and reconnect if necessary,
- check computers and log out anyone who has finished working but neglected to log out,
- pick up papers and other items left behind by people using computers.
- Attend required training prior to the start of the Fall semester.
- Selected IT Specialists will train Friday, August 23, in preparation for working on August 25, the first day of first-year student orientation
- All IT Specialists will train Thursday, August 29, and Friday, August 30, starting at 9 am.
- Attend required half-hour meetings during the academic year; these are currently held on Mondays at 6 pm.
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows computing environments (Amherst-specific training about networking and printing will be provided)
- Desire to solve computer problems for others
- Desire to increase knowledge about computers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service attitude
Please email current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We prefer to hire rising sophomores and juniors, but rising seniors with appropriate skills will be considered.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Eloy Shepard (email@example.com).