Reporting Forms and Requesting Intervention

The Office of Student Affairs is entrusted with the privilege of developing and stewarding healthy and interdependent community at Amherst College.  Our various offices, departments, and services collaborate with local health and wellness resources in the Pioneer Valley to provide tailored support to students as they encounter academic, interpersonal, or environmental challenges.

Reporting Requirements

<< Back to Hazardous Material Plan Links

As required, Amherst College shall report any incident involving a chemical leak, release or spill that is greater than or equal to the "reportable quantity" for that particular material. Reportable quantities will be reported to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, and when necessary the National Response Center. Any incident involving a chemical discharge, leak, release or spill that can not be handled in house shall be reported to the Amherst Fire Department.