Italianate in style, Morgan Hall was constructed in 1853 as the college’s first library. Nowadays, it’s home to the Departments of American Studies and Anthropology and Sociology. On the second floor—where college trustees were infamously locked in their boardroom during student protests of the ’70s—is the office of Deborah Gewertz, the G. Henry Whitcomb 1874 Professor of Anthropology. Here’s a look at some of the things she’s collected over the years.
Read more about Office Space: Deborah Gewertz