The low down...
Work: I am currently the Director of Class and Constituent Programs in the Office of Alumni and Parent Programs here at Amherst. I work with the 25th Reunion class, help to develop programs and initiatives that connect Amherst alumni and students with one another in new ways and oversee our online initiatives.
What I like to do in my free time: Free time? What's that? With 2 kids-see photos page- and a full time job free time is hard to come by!
- Read--as much as I can. Also have read several books by Amherst alumni and faculty authors from Amherst Reads online book discussion (who says you can't mix business with pleasure). Check out Goodreads.com where I can review books I've read and see what my friends are reading.
- Squash--I still try to play at least once or twice a week. Anyone in the Amherst area there is a group that plays at the Amherst gym Thurs. @ 8 p.m. and Sundays at 4 p.m.
- Running--I've really cut back on the running as my knees are not as forgiving as they used to be. Completed Philadelphia marathon in 2001--checked that off life's list-never again.
- Biking--If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. This my husband's favorite past-time, so am on the look out for a second hand road bike (see disclosure above about current state of knees). Right now my biking is limited to the stationary variety.
- Cooking --see favorite recipes section but also rely on epicurious.com, Cooking Light, and the Food Network.
- 24 --while on maternity leave, I became addicted thanks to Netflix. Esp. since I never get to the movies anymore...
Husband Matt (assistant coach, Amherst Football) is an avid mountain and road biker has ridden in the Pan-Mass Challenge the last 2 years. Our kids Luke (6) and Catharine (3) keep us plenty busy and laughing often.
Reflections: I started this section after my grandfather's memorial service where he had chosen Desiderata by Max Ehrmann as a reading.
You can also check out my Facebook profile.
All moms should view this YouTube video which is hysterical!