Director, IT Communications Infrastructure (ITCI)
Converse Hall B-1B
Some of the major functional areas of ITCI's operations include:
- wired network switches and wireless access points. ITCI installs, configures and maintains over 200 switches and over 500 access points throughout campus.
- cabling infrastructure throughout campus, including phone and network wiring, fiber optic cabling, and the coaxial cable TV plant, all collectively serving several thousand end-points.
- network and infrastructure design and specification work in support of major capital projects such as new construction, building renovation, and utility infrastructure initiatives.
- mass notification system is an outsourced service. ITCI's responsibilities include database maintenance, training Campus Police and College officials, and supervision of scheduled campus-wide tests.
- campus TV service, including coordination with the vendor, infrastructure and head-end maintenance, student support, and annual work with College Council on channel line-up and budget.
- wired campus phones, including more than 1,500 extensions, phones and related infrastructure.
- wired phone services, including domestic and international long distance, unified communication and teleconferencing.
- E-911 location database for campus and town police.
- cellular equipment and services, including business cell phones, iPhones and iPad cellular service. Also air cards and cellular modems for campus police laptops; personal mobile hotspot devices (MiFi).
- call accounting and billing services for all campus and cellular phones.
1990 BS, Business Management, Westfield State College
1984 AS, Computer Electronic Technology, Holyoke Community College
1990 to present – Amherst College, trustee-appointed, telecom and network management
1986 to 1990 – Amherst College, staff, network and personal computer maintenance, supervisor
1984 to 1986 – Computerland, Northampton, MA, personal computer maintenance
1982 to 1986 – Massachusetts Air National Guard, E-5/SSGT, A-10 crew chief
1976 to 1980 – US Navy, E-5/AMH-2, SH-3H plane captain/landing signalman
2011 – Wilbraham, MA, cleanups from Jun 1 tornadoes, Jul 26 microburst, Oct 29 snow
2007 to Present – Wilbraham, MA, Medical Reserve Corps
1999 to 2004 – ACUTA, Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Committee
1998 to 2004 – Wilbraham, MA, Cable TV Advisory Committee
1998 – American Red Cross, Pioneer Valley Chapter - 10/98 Texas disaster relief ops
1992 to 1996 – Holyoke Soldiers Home
1992 to 1995 – American Red Cross, Hamp Cty Chapter - Board, Emergency Services Committee
1991 to 1992 – Easthampton, MA, Conservation Commission
Recent Emergency Services and Domestic Preparedness Training:
2012 – FEMA, Social Media in Emergency Management (IS-00042)
2012 – Amherst College, Emergency Preparedness Functional Simulation Exercise
2012 – Emergency Preparedness ICS Training for Amherst College Administrators (overview)
2011 – Western Massachusetts MRC Annual Conference, Smart Triage class and exercise
2010 – TEEX, Information Security for Everyone (AWR-175-W)
2010 – FEMA, Emergency Support Function (ESF) #2, Communications (IS-802)
2010 – FEMA, Continuity of Operations (COOP) Awareness Course (IS-546.a)
2010 – FEMA, Are You Ready? An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness (IS-22)
2010 – FEMA, Workplace Violence Awareness Training (IS-106.10)
2010 – FEMA, Effective Communication (IS-242)
2010 – FEMA, National Response Framework, An Introduction (IS-800)
2010 – FEMA, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (IS-200)
2010 – FEMA, Intro to ICS for Higher Education (IS-100.HE)