Student Health Educator since 2006
Student Health Education, Amherst College,Amherst,MA
Student Health Educator
· Lead women’s health workshops, sexual health and responsibility workshops, sleep and stress workshops for students. Passive programming and office administration.
· Freshmen Orientation: programming, actor in Orientation Health Skits, and diversity discussion leader.
Pulmonary Division, Research Assistant, Case Western University, Cleveland, OH
· National Heart, Lung & Blood (HLB) Institute Summer Undergraduate Research Grant.
· Nonlinear analysis of breathing patterns in the development of acute lung injury (ALI).
· Experience with animal preparation, surgery, plethysmography, linear and nonlinear data analysis, Bradford protein and Sircol collagen assays.
· First researcher to obtain significant results for entropy analysis of breathing patterns in ALI. Significant implications: results indicate a trend between nonlinear analysis and ALI state, possibly transforming ICU pulmonary care in the future.
· HLB Poster Presentation July 2007, Expected Presentation at the Experimental Biology Conference, San Diego, April 2008.
Biology Department, Laboratory Teaching Assistant, Amherst College, Amherst,MA
Sep. - Dec. 2007
· Organized pre-lab set-up, facilitated professors in lab sections, instructed students, graded lab reports for Introductory Biology (19) and tutored.
Chemistry Department,Teaching Assistant, Amherst College, Amherst, MA
Sep. - Dec. 2006
· Graded Introductory Chemistry (11) assignments weekly.
Village Camps,Senior Music SpecialistFounex,Switzerland
· Senior camp counselor, director and leader of music classes for campers, ages 4-13.
Interests and Skills
· Varsity Track and Field (Amherst College: 2005-present; throughout high school, varsity: 2001-2005).
· Habitat for Humanity: Biloxi, MI (Spring Break, 2007); Holyoke, MA (August 2005); Camp Mechuwana, Winthrop, ME (July 2001); Franklin, West Virginia (August, 1999).
· Piano study and performance (1994-present).
· Languages: conversational knowledge of Spanish and French.
· Computer: Proficient in PC, Mac, Word, Excel, Power Point, PDF, Publisher, CMS.
· Research: spectrophotometry, plethysmography, chromatography, gel electrophoresis, centrifugation, NMR, respiratory acquisition software (PowerLab, ADInstruments), mutagenesis, fruit fly genetic analysis, animal anesthesia and surgical techniques (experimental and terminal surgeries).