Thesis writers note: All library printers (and copiers) meet the registrar's standards for paper and printer quality.
Note: The first time using the card reader, users will be required to enter their Amherst username and password. This is a one-time only requirement!
- $0.05/sheet for single- or double-sided 8.5x11" black & white
- $0.35/sheet for single-sided 8.5x11" color
Mobile printing is available from any device which provides email (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.).
If you require more flexibility and specific settings such as multiple copies or single-sided printing, use directy printing from a computer center computer. Mobile printing is meant for printing one copy of a document, double-sided (as applicable).
The process is:
Document types you can print with mobile print are:
Word -- .doc, .dot, .docx, .rtf
Excel -- .xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm, .csv
Powerpoint -- .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx
PDF -- .pdf
Images -- .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif
Email messages -- .txt, .mht, .eml
Visio -- .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw
Note: Be sure to send from your Amherst account if you have multiple accounts configured on your device.
For more details, see IT's instructions.
Refunds are issued only when equipment fails to print properly, not when documents don't look as expected.
Thesis writers note: All library copiers (and printers) meet the registrar's standards for paper and printer quality.
All copies are $.10 each.
There are no self-serve color photocopiers on campus. Collective Copies, located nearby on the Amherst common, will make color copies for a fee.
- * Press “Energy Saver” on console to wake up copier/scanner if screen is dark
- * Press “All Services” button on console
- * Press “E-mail” on screen
- * Press “New recipients” on screen
- * Type in “To” address on screen
- * Press “Close” on screen
- * Press “Start” button on console to make scan
- * Press “Next Page” or “Last Page,” as appropriate
- * Your scan has been e-mailed; press “All Services” on console
- * Press red “Complete” button on tower for your refund
Even if you deposit paper bills, only coins will be returned.
There is no limit on the number of pages you may scan, but be aware that large scans will be broken into multiple e-mails if files exceed 2MB. Maximum original dimensions are 11” x 17”.
Students may use the fax machine in the Library administration office (in the northwest corner of the Frost first floor) Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.