What is the Introduction to Finance Industry Workshop Series?
This is a 9-week program open to first-year students and sophomores interested in learning more about the finance industry and exploring potential careers in finance. The workshop series is led by Stephanie Hockman, Director of the Business and Finance Program through the Loeb Center. The series is designed to help students understand the finance industry and its components, distinguish the nuances of career opportunities, and understand the lingo used in the finance industry. Some workshops will include alumni who will provide their practical insights, experience and understanding to the discussion.
What topics are discussed in the workshop series?
The 9-week course will include topics such as:
1. Overview of the Finance Industry
2. Investment Banking, Part 1 – Corporate Investment Bankers
3. Investment Banking, Part 2 – Global Markets (e.g. Sales & Trading, Research, and Investor Services)
4. Investment Banking, Part 3 - CIB Operations & Supporting functions
5. Investment Management & Asset Management
6. Industry Trends & Alternative Investments: Fintech, Hedge Funds, Insurance, & Real Estate
7. Private Equity
8. Private Wealth Management/Asset Management
9. Review of the industry and next steps to preparing for finance industry interviews
How do I register for the Introduction to Finance Workshop Series?
The weekly, one-hour workshops will be held every Thursday from 8pm – 9pm beginning February 6, 2020, through April 9, 2020 (excluding spring break - March 19). YOU MUST COMMIT TO ATTENDING ALL 9 WEEKS.
Space is limited and advance sign up is required. If you are interested in learning more about the finance industry and willing to attend all 9 sessions, please register on Handshake for the first session (Feb. 6) That enrolls you for the entire series.
All questions may be directed to Stephanie Hockman (email@example.com).