Amherst College is committed to ethical conduct and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Honest, informed and responsible conduct by Amherst College community members can help the College meet and exceed its compliance obligations.
The College’s Compliance Program oversees and supports initiatives across the College that promote compliance and ethical behavior by:
- assisting the College community in identifying and understanding the College’s legal, regulatory and other obligations and commitments
- supporting the many College offices and individuals who manage specific compliance areas
- providing guidance on, and a framework for, ethical decision-making
- providing mechanisms through which questions, and reports of concerns or problems, can be raised and addressed
- supporting compliance program assessment