Welcome to Amherst College Compliance
Director of Compliance
Amherst College is committed to ethical conduct and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Honest, informed and responsible conduct by Amherst College community members can help the College meet and exceed its compliance obligations.
The College’s Compliance Program oversees and supports initiatives across the College that promote compliance and ethical behavior by:
- assisting the College community in identifying and understanding the College’s legal, regulatory and other obligations and commitments
- supporting the many College offices and individuals who manage specific compliance areas
- providing guidance on, and a framework for, ethical decision-making
- providing mechanisms through which questions, and reports of concerns or problems, can be raised and addressed
- supporting compliance program assessment
Reporting Compliance Concerns
College community members are responsible for contributing to a culture that prioritizes honesty and integrity. If you suspect a violation of laws, rules, regulations, or policies affecting the College community, we encourage you to make a report or raise a question or concern.
- Speak with your supervisor or another appropriate person in your department or senior staff member.
- Report anonymously using Ethicspoint, a third party vendor.
- Email the Director of Compliance: email@example.com
Important Reporting Information
- The College takes compliance concerns seriously.
- The College prohibits retaliation against anyone who reports or inquires about potential misconduct in good faith.
- Reporting concerns promotes a culture of integrity and helps keep our community safe.
- You are encouraged to report even if you don’t know the identity of the individuals involved in the misconduct, whether it’s something the College could address, or whether it’s serious enough to report.
Reasons to Report
Examples of matters that you may have questions or concerns about include:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Financial and Business Integrity Issues
- Misuse of College Property or Assets
- Research Related Issues
- Export Issues
- Workplace Safety
- Wrongful Conduct
- Data Security
- Other Compliance and Risk Concerns
Submit a Report via Ethicspoint
How to file complaints of sexual misconduct and/or bias »