- Applying to Amherst
- Discovering Amherst
- Diversity Programs
- Financial Aid & Costs
- For Current Applicants
- Knowing More About Amherst
- Meeting Amherst "On the Road"
- Meeting Our Students
- Telementoring Program
- Visiting Amherst
We encourage you to visit Amherst to see the campus for yourself and to meet students and professors. There are lots of ways to visit. Without making a reservation, you may:
- Explore on your own schedule. Our campus is open and easy to negotiate. Pick up a map and self-guided tour booklet at the Admission Office (check the weather for the day of your visit). No reservations required.
- Join an hour-long campus tour given by student tour guides. Tours depart from the Admission Office. No reservations are required for individual students and their families or for small groups of ten or fewer. Groups of ten or more visitors should call the Admission Office at (413) 542-2328 to schedule your group's visit and arrange a tour. To ensure that your group can be accommodated, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of your intended visit.
- Attend an hour-long general information session led by an admission dean or an hour-long financial aid information session, led by a financial aid dean, at the Admission Office. No reservations are required for individual students and their families or for small groups of ten or fewer. Groups of ten or more visitors should call the Admission Office at (413) 542-2328 to schedule your group's visit. To ensure that your group can be accommodated, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of your intended visit.
- Observe an Amherst class. Select a class from the online course schedule. Be sure to contact the professor ahead of time to obtain permission to observe the class. And check the academic calendar to make sure that classes are in session. To make sure you don't disrupt the class, please plan to stay for the duration of the class. Due to the small size of Amherst classes, groups cannot be accommodated for classroom visits.
On-Campus Parking for Admission Office Visitors: The Admission Office has a limited number of parking spaces for visitors directly in front of the Admission building, but you may also park in the lot behind the Admission building; anywhere along the long, semicircular driveway between Orr Hockey Rink and South Pleasant Street/Route 116; in the Orr Hockey Rink lot at the south entrance of the driveway; or on Hitchcock Road, running perpendicular to South Pleasant Street/Route 116 directly across from the south entrance of the driveway. On particularly busy days, should all those areas be full, additional parking may be found in the lot behind Alumni House. Upon exiting our semicircular driveway, turn right onto South Pleasant Street/Route 116, proceed to the traffic light, turn right onto College Street/Route 9, take the first left turn onto Seelye Street and proceed to the parking lot on your left. From the Alumni House parking lot, he Admission Office is a ten-minute walk across campus. If you receive a parking ticket while parked on the Amherst College campus, please bring it to the Admission receptionist and we will take care of it for you!
Can’t visit in person?
Take a virtual tour narrated by Josef Ntim ’12
Amherst College Office of Admission
220 South Pleasant Street / Route 116
Amherst, MA 01002