Welcome to our table! At Amherst, you’ll be eating great meals with great friends. Our dining locations—from Valentine Hall to Schwemm’s Coffee House—are bright, cheerful spaces where you can settle in for real conversations. Our food is real too. We use fresh, local ingredients, much of which we grow on our own farm and in our hydroponic greenhouse.
Menus & Hours:
Amherst Eats Local: Our Book & Plow Farm
How local is our locally-grown produce? At Amherst College, you can barely break a sweat walking to where your salad came from.
Amherst’s own Book & Plow Farm supplies Dining Services with a variety of fruits and vegetables, including carrots, onions, summer squash, kale, mustard greens, tomatoes, and bok choi as well as herbs and more.
Amherst Eats Healthy: Our Nutrition Program
ACNutrition is our online tool that helps you:
- Identify well-balanced meals.
- Learn the nutritional value of your food.
- Manage allergens and intolerances.
- Find options for specific diets, such as vegetarian or vegan.
Amherst Recycles, Composts & More
Sustainable dining is one of our top priorities, and we’re expanding our program all the time.
- We divert 84 tons of food waste per year.
- We’ve eliminated the use of 20,000 plastic bottles per year.
- We give unserved meals to local shelters and charitable organizations.