Welcome to our table! At Amherst, you’ll be eating great meals with great friends. Our dining locations — from Valentine Hall to Schwemm’s Coffee House — are bright, cheerful spaces where you can settle in for real conversations. Our food is real too. We use fresh, local ingredients, much of which comes from our Book & Plow Farm.
Menus & Hours:
Amherst Eats Local: Our Book & Plow Farm
How local is our locally-grown produce? At Amherst College, you can barely break a sweat walking to where your salad came from.
Amherst’s own Book & Plow Farm supplies Dining Services with a variety of fruits and vegetables, including carrots, onions, summer squash, kale, mustard greens, tomatoes, and bok choi as well as herbs and more.
Amherst Eats Healthy: Our Nutrition Program
ACNutrition is our online tool that helps you:
- Identify well-balanced meals.
- Learn the nutritional value of your food.
- Manage allergens and intolerances.
- Find options for specific diets, such as vegetarian or vegan.
Amherst Recycles, Composts & More
Sustainable dining is one of our top priorities, and we’re expanding our program all the time.
- We divert 84 tons of food waste per year.
- We’ve eliminated the use of 20,000 plastic bottles per year.
- We give unserved meals to local shelters and charitable organizations.