What is Winter Festival?
Established in February 2013, Winter Festival is an opportunity for students, faculty, staff and families to begin the semester with a celebration of winter. Past festivals have featured ice-skating, live music, a 30-foot inflatable slide, curling on synthetic ice, ice sculpting demos, and, of course, a delicious array of food.
A highlight of Winter Festival is the abundance of seasonal favorites. The menu varies from year to year, but a staple feature since 2019 has been the custom Mammoth donut wall! Vegan and vegetarian options are available. 2023’s offerings included:
- Poutine Station (Dining Services) — A Canadian dish that typically consists of french fries topped with cheese curds and gravy, the poutine station will provide an opportunity to create your own version with toppings such as maple bacon, cheese curds, brown gravy, smoked gouda, and more!
- Dumplings with Kimchi (Dining Services) — Pork, vegetable, and chicken lemongrass.
- Donut Wall (Dining Services) — A classic Winter Festival staple; this year’s donut wall will feature over 1,000 assorted donuts with toppings ranging from crushed oreos to maple icing.
- Sweet Treats (Dining Services) — Black forest shooter, chocolate mousse with peppermint ganache, and double chocolate cookies.
- Waffles (Wickedly Wild Waffles - Westfield, MA) — Belgian pearl sugar waffles served with a variety of toppings, including Belgian chocolate, salted caramel, and strawberry tarragon.
- Hot Chocolate Bar (Dining Services) — What would winter be without hot chocolate? A variety of flavors and toppings will be available for enjoyment throughout the event, as well as hot apple cider and coconut chai.