There are three main options for faculty looking to publish content to the web for a class or project:
- The main college website: Build content on www.amherst.edu using a variety of display options.
- WordPress: When you need functionality beyond what the main site offers.
- Web hosting: IT-hosted server space for DIY web projects.
Main College Website
The Amherst College Website (www.amherst.edu) is the College's primary online presence. It provides a web-publishing platform for all departments, constituencies, and individuals associated with the College. Learn more about editing the college website.
WordPress allows faculty and students to create individual websites when they need functionality beyond what the main College website provides.
Faculty and students interested in using WordPress should submit an AskIT ticket.
- Pioneer Valley Soundscapes - MUSI 238 with Jeffers Engelhardt
- LGBT Timeline
- Confluences: Lost & Found in Translation - Online Multilingual Magazine
IT can provide a Linux VPS or "virtual private server" for hosting websites for faculty or class projects with requirements that can't be addressed by the College main website or Wordpress. Learn more about web hosting.