- Human ResourcesHuman Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- HR Picture Gallery
- ACData for Employees
- Arrivals and Transitions
- Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Information
- Commuting and Travel Options
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Annual Announcements
- Dependent Care Information
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Grant-in-Aid Program
- Immunizations for Blue Cross Members
- Loans for Computer Device Purchases
- Long Term Care Insurance Spring 2014
- New Additions to Your Family
- News about Health Insurance Exchanges
- Plan Servicing Credit for the Amherst Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Retirement Planning
- Staff Retirement Plan Requalification Notice
- Summary Annual Reports
- TIAA-CREF Individual Counseling Sessions
- Employee Handbooks
- Employee Recognition
- Employment Policies
- Holiday Schedule
- JCCR Project
- New Employee Orientation
- New Person
- Search Procedures
- Sexual Respect and Title IX
- Staff, Contact, Hours
- Training & Development
- Weather, Emergency Closure
- Worker's Compensation & Ergonomics
News about Health Insurance Exchanges
Amherst College is required to provide you with the attached informational Notice regarding coverage options available through the Health Insurance Marketplace (formerly referred to as “public exchanges”), as a result of the national healthcare law (the “Affordable Care Act”).
Before you review the Notice, please note the following important items:
- Amherst College offers health plan coverage to our eligible employees. We are required to provide this Notice to you even if you are not eligible for our health plan coverage, or if you are eligible for, but waived our coverage.
- This Notice does not change any coverage you have through our health plan. It provides information about obtaining coverage outside of our health plan.
- The Notice provides very general information about coverage available to all Americans via the state-based Health Insurance Marketplace (the “Marketplace”) and what happens if you decide to elect coverage through the Marketplace instead of through an employer’s health plan.
- If you decide to apply for coverage in the Marketplace, please contact the Office of Human Resouces.
Some employees may be eligible for government subsidies for Marketplace coverage; eligibility will be based on a variety of factors including your household income. Additional information on subsidies, local Marketplace contact information and other details about the Marketplace plans can be found at www.healthcare.gov.
If you have any questions about the Amherst College health plan program, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 413-542-2372.